Monday, November 19, 2007

A sad tale to tell


The king is having a midlife crisis.

How do I know?

The princess was looking at mopeds online the other day and the king SHOVED her off the computer (not really, but you know what I mean) and started looking. Next thing you know, he's telling me he just put a bid on a snazzy, silver moped.

And not just any moped, either. This baby has speeds of up to TWENTY miles per hour. That's right, baby. SPEED!

The item still had 5 days of auction left so he and the princess waited...and waited...and waited.

Alas, with 2 days left, the king decided he didn't really want the moped, hadn't thought it through, buyers remorse, mid-life thingy on hold...

"Too bad," I replied a little snottily. "You have entered into the EBAY contract (theme music to Jaws should be playing now). A bid, once placed, can not be undone." He came up with all kinds of plans to renig. But I wasn't going for any of that as he'd bid using MY user-name! I can't have my good Ebay reputation tarnished!

Alas, he was the high bidder. Our shiny, new moped--with speeds of up to TWENTY miles per hour (incase you didn't catch that the first time!) will be here in the week. The king assures me he'll ride it to work...just as soon as it's licensed, insured, and he gets himself a helmet.

I guess I should be glad he didn't see a Harley there--or maybe I should be unhappy--at least he might look "COOL" on a Harley. Ain't happenin' on the moped!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are hilarious! I am really trying to get a visual of Rich on the moped!
Lib

Anonymous said...

Must have picture of Rich on it PLEASE!
Blake