Sunday, August 24, 2008

For what it's worth...


For what it's worth, I thought the opening ceremonies of the Olympics were AMAZING! We have watched here and there over the past 2 weeks. I loved everything about the redeem team, the U.S. men and women winning the 4x400 meter relay, and even watching the Australian, Mitchum, beat the two favored Chinese guys in diving. I got caught up in the Michael Phelps drama, along with everyone else, in part because I have clear memories of watching the Olympics the year Mark Spitz won his seven medals. So I was very excited for Phelps to beat Spitz' record and expect him to add to his collection in 4 years. HOWEVER, I was so disappointed in NBC's coverage of the medal ceremony when Phelps AND HIS TEAMMATES won the medley relay. Phelps wouldn't have won that 8th medal without those teammates, but during the playing of the national anthem, the ONLY team member they showed was Phelps. SHAME ON NBC!!!

No comments: