Monday, July 27, 2009

Books, Books, and MORE Books!

If you're reading this blog, then you probably know me well enough to know that I LOVE to read. Nothing made me happier, as a kid, than when the book order came in. And I thank my parents for always letting me order books. I returned the favor by always letting my kids order a book when the book order came home, and they too are readers!
I like to spend time in the summer reading. I read during the winter too, but I have more time in the summer. I belong to not one, but TWO book clubs, and it's a good month (during the winter) when I have time to read something besides the two book club books I am forever reading.
Add to that the book swap table at work, where you can pick up books and leave books that you're done with--like a library only no overdue fines, the real library where I can now put books on hold over the internet and not even have to go in until the call to tell me they are holding my book for me, and I hardly EVER have to buy a book from Amazon.com anymore.
I do not usually give in to chain letters, but at the beginning of the summer I was sent one where all I had to do was mail off one used book and then I would receive 36 books in return. I never expected to get all 36 and would have been happy with one, but so far, I've reaped 7 books from that silly chain letter.
Suffice it to say, I have plenty to read...and I've been reading all summer. What follows are just a few of my silly book photos! Anyone want to borrow one of my books?


These are the first 3 books I received from the chain letter.

When organizing my night stand I found I have THREE of the same book. I probably only need to read it once! It must be good if I keep picking it up--once off the free table, once from a friend about to give away a box of books, and one from the chain letter.

This is how many books were on my night stand on Saturday. Of course, since that time, I've traded one out for another book club book and I've received 4 more from the chain letter! Life is good in my world. I am currently reading THE UNSEEN by TL Hines. He's a local author, and the prince went to preschool with his daughter many years ago. At the time he ran an ad agency but has since sold the business and writes full time.

No comments: