Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Back to work for me!

I went back to work yesterday and started a new job in the big ol' scary middle school. So far so good, but the kids haven't arrived yet. Today the sheriff came to give a talk on gangs, which are alive and well in our community! Who knew? Well the middle school teachers did. I can see I've got a lot to learn! I did manage to steal a "good" chair from one of the teachers in my "pod". I really thought I had one up on him until he told me he got to order an even better chair. So NOW I'm gonna have to steal that chair when it comes! And I'm going to have to go over to the college where I graduated and pick up a bunch of "Go Bears" stuff cuz there is far too much of other peoples' college stuff around the building. College rivalry is all the rage in this new building.
The prince starts high school tomorrow. Truth be told, I think we're all a little nervous for him. But he'll be fine (we keep telling ourselves). We're going out to dinner tomorrow night so he can tell us all about it. Stay tuned...

No comments: