Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Grandma Retires!

After 40 years at the same job (bus driver extraordinaire), Grandma retired. The princess, king, and both of Grandma's daughters came to attend her retirement party!



There was cake.



There was food.



And there were presents!

Fun!




One last school bus shot.




It was also garage sale weekend, as we finished emptying out Grandma's house.

There was some rain early, but it cleared up, and I was able to take this nice shot in the backyard before Lynelle headed home.

3 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Congrats Grandma! I love those pics of the 4 of them in front of the bus and in the backyard.

Shelley said...

Aaaaah! Bittersweet I bet, but congrats Karen. We missed seeing you this summer on our trip. Maybe next year I can come have a tour of your new digs!

Karen L said...

Was so happy to have all my kids here plus they worked their butts off getting me moved and doing the yard sale.
Shelly, next time it will be easier for you to visit. It's really close to Richie & Sharmi & the kids, much more convenient.