Friday, September 30, 2011

Notice anything different about me?

She didn't want her picture taken because she'd just gotten home from dance and was all sweaty, but I did snap a quick one of her in her new glasses. She's been telling me she needed glasses off and on for about a year. I figured until she was insistent I'd ignore it. That worked for awhile. This summer she started complaining again so I decided to make an appointment, but then she decided she didn't want glasses AND braces! Heaven forbid! The braces came off and she came home from school one day to tell me, "I missed a question on a science quiz because he added a second part but wrote it really small, and I couldn't see it." She does sit in the back in science and sometimes the florescent lights glare off the white board to make things difficult to read. But she said she was ready to see the eye doctor. So we did. She has the weakest prescription you can have and still need glasses! He told us she didn't really need them if she just moved a little closer to the board. "What? Move away from my friends???" So we got the glasses. She only needs them for distance and usually only wears them for English, Math, and Science. And with our GREAT insurance, they only cost me a $30 co-pay, so I'm okay with that! :)

2 comments:

Mary Beth said...

She looks great in the glasses! Smarter than she already is.

Shelley said...

CUTE!