Friday, November 16, 2012

About "The Art Forger"

I gave "The Art Forger" by B.A. Shapiro 3 stars.  I saw this book reviewed in a magazine and thought it sounded good.  It was.  It's the story of a young, female artist who is very good are reproductions of classic works.  She is asked to reproduce a painting with possible illegal reasons behind it.  She accepts the job and thus begins the interweaving of the story of her painting this, a  story of a series of events that happened to her 3 years earlier, and  a story of events 100 years ago that are tied to the current painting she is working on.  The author does a great job of tying the 3 stories together.  I found it a bit difficult to follow at times but only because I was unfamiliar with the art terms that were used regularly.  This was a good read.  I recommend it.

No comments: