Tuesday, November 20, 2012

An Upcoming Wedding

As I mentioned on Facebook, the prince is in a life skills class where they, among other things, plan and produce their own wedding.  In his class there are 4 boys and about 12 girls.  I posed the question on Facebook...will he be a polygamist or will he divorce and remarry several times so everyone gets a turn?  Someone else on FB suggested same-sex marriage was the way to go!  

Here's the update.  There will be two weddings in the class.  The prince and his friend will each be marrying a girl in class.  The other two boys will serve as best men.  The brides will each have a couple of bride's maids, and the rest of the girls will have other jobs pertaining to the wedding.

The prince is so good to his mom.  He told his teacher straight up that there needed to be photos and they would need to be sent to me so I could blog them.  I love that kid!  His friend who made it to Hollywood week of American Idol last year (we think she made it that far again this year though no one's talking right now) will be singing at the double ceremony.  

And he had to plan a honeymoon!  What the prince has learned by his senior year of high school is that one should work smarter, not harder.  They were given $30,000 for their honeymoon.  Ever practical, I suggested he take a quick trip to the nearby ski resort for $500 and use the rest for a down payment on a house! Instead he found a web site with an all-inclusive (less planning on his part that way, thus working smarter, not harder) package to snowmobile in Yellowstone.  I'm not sure what he'll do with the extra cash.  Oh wait!!  This isn't real!!! Is it???

Stay tuned.  I hope to have more fun coming your way soon!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

$30,000 honeymoon?!?! What sort of skills class is this? Based in whose reality?

Kathi said...

I wish I would have had a "budget" of $30,000 to get married! In hindsight, I probably would have still opted for the small intimate wedding, but the honeymoon would have been larger and I would have had nicer furniture sooner.

Shelley said...

Goodness gracious! I could pay off all our debt and have money left. CRAZY!!!

Mary Beth said...

$30k honeymoon sounds lovely... or a $3k honeymoon and $27k down on a house. Maybe they'll spend it on the reception!