Wednesday, October 6, 2010

TWIRP? TWIPR?

TWIRP is the formal dance in high school that the girl invites the boy to. Yesterday I got a call from "the girl's" mom asking if the prince would be home at a certain time and warning that we would be "ding-dong-ditched" (knock and run). The prince went to this dance last year and had a lot of fun. At around 5:00, this is what happened:
Ding Dong
"Prince, the door is for you." (Get my camera ready--I'm so glad I got a heads-up phone call!)


Hmmm...something on the door step.




A fish bowl? With a Beta in it?


"Cool!"


The girl's name is Megan. She's a freshman at his school, but they met this summer at the fair. They've been texting ever since. As "small world" would have it, I know her mom through other friends, so I knew she was going to ask him to this dance a few weeks ago. They were having a conversation the other day, and she asked him if he had pets. He said, "No, but if I had a fish, I'd name it Cat." Thus the sign. The back of the bowl says, "TWIRP? TWIRP? TWIRP? With Megan?" He promptly called her to say he'd go! Fun!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Megan is so creative! Very cute & I'm so glad he said yes. That would have been, um... awkward!

Mary Beth said...

How fun! I hope the suit still fits and most importantly matches her dress!