Saturday, June 16, 2012

The Big Move

I don't know what he did to convince her that it was a good idea, but the prince talked the princess into trading bedrooms.  Hmmm...give up the big, cool (it's summer) bedroom for the smaller, hotter one?  But she agreed.  I laid down the ground rules (they would do all the work and to my specifications), they agreed, and Thursday they moved, and moved, and moved.  Trading bedrooms also meant trading bathrooms.  It was a big job, but it's mostly done now.  I did end up dusting the baseboards and vacuuming each room as my contribution, but that was mostly all I did.  Oh, and I changed out the shower curtains.  I will maybe post photos of the completed rooms once they get new bedding and their stuff back up on the walls.  But I might be too tired. 

My other rules included not moving the bed or the dressers (since they have the same dresser and could just swap drawers).  It does mean they'll get new bedding (which might be why the princess agreed so readily), since the beds are different sizes.  But they have a budget they have to stick to with the new bedding so we'll see how that goes. 

 The princess' empty room.

 All the princess' worldly possessions in the  livingroom.

 The prince's nearly empty room.

All of the prince's worldly possessions.

3 comments:

Shelley said...

Just so you know....Cara's bigger comforter WILL fit on the full size bed........just sayin'!

Wendy said...

How fun! We did that when we were kids. Good times. :)

Mary Beth said...

I'm anxious to hear if everything fit in each room. Looks like a good summer project.