Thursday, July 10, 2008

Summer School--week 1

The best thing about summer school is that it's only for 1/2 a day, and we only go Monday-Thursday. So today was really FRIDAY!! Yippee!!!

There is MAJOR construction going on in our school right now so getting the kids safely from point A to point B is sometimes challenging.

We have had issues with the Middle School kids stealing milk during lunch and stupid stuff like that, but mostly I don't have to deal with them so that doesn't affect me. Otherwise, it would really make me re-think if it's worth the money.

I usually work with 3-5th grade, so working with K-2nd grade has been kind of fun. My favorite moment this week happened yesterday when the kindergartners came into my lab. There were already 3-5th graders in there so I told Allona (she's beautiful, by the way) to sit by Jake--a 3rd grader.

She just stood there.

I told her again.

She just stood there.

I finally said, "Allona, go sit down."

She whispered, "I don't like boys."

I rolled my eyes at the other teacher in the room, got down on eye-level with her and said, "Yes, they stink. I don't like them either. But we're at a school with boys and girls so today you're going to sit by a boy."

She wasn't happy about it, but she did it. Oddly enough, she was absent today. I hope it wasn't that stinky boy. And I really hope it wasn't me!!

No comments: