Friday, September 11, 2009

Recent Trip To California

I was lucky enough to get to go to CA last week to visit my friend, Jeanette, meet up with our friend, Laura, and pull off a two-day garage sale for Jeanette. Jeanette will tell you she worked us hard, but in truth it was a laughter-filled week that I would repeat in a heartbeat. When not working HARD, Jeanette was a great tour guide. I love northern California. Who knew? The best of everything...beaches and mountains. I'll post more pictures in the coming days, but this will get the anticipation building.


Gilroy, CA is the garlic capitol of the world.
You can smell the garlic as you drive down the interstate.

Garlic Field


Sand dunes near Monteray, CA.


A cool hang-glider taking off.


There he goes!


The pier at Monteray, CA.


Sea lions--they blend in with the pier,
but can you see them on the left side of the pier?
Not to worry, I'll post better photos later.
These guys were very noisy and,
dare I say it, quite stinky!


Cute shops at the pier and a cool clock.



That white blob is a jelly fish.
I've gotta get a better camera!

No comments: