Wednesday, January 19, 2011

7-Year-Olds Don't Get Me

I got to go on a road trip Monday and snuggle a new baby. Oh, the sweetness! I also got to pal around with a 2, 5, and 7-year-old. It was good times. But it became apparent that I've completely become a middle schooler. That is my mentality. That is my joke level. I bleed sarcasm. Unfortunately, my humor was lost on the 7-year-old. I ended up finishing nearly every sentence with, "I'm joking." None of this would be a big deal if I weren't about to spend several days with my favorite 7-year-old in Colorado. I'm going to have to try to lose a bit of the sarcasm before I leave!

2 comments:

J said...

This is just too funny! Laura & I always think you're the grown up one in the group....now I find out you're a middle schooler!!!

Mary Beth said...

You should brush up on your knock knock jokes for your upcoming trip. I bet the next 7 yo will get those!