Saturday, April 18, 2009

Andy Rooney-isms

ENLIGHTENED PERSPECTIVE

I've learned.... That just one person saying to me, 'You've made my day!' makes my day.

I've learned.... That having a child fall asleep in your arms is one of the most peaceful feelings in the world.

I've learned.... That being kind is more important than being right.

I've learned.... That no matter how serious your life requires you to be, everyone needs a friend to act goofy with.

I've learned.... That simple walks with my father around the block on summer nights when I was a child did wonders for me as an adult.

I've learned.... That life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

I've learned.... That we should be glad God doesn't give us everything we ask for.

I've learned.... That money doesn't buy class.

I've learned.... That love, not time, heals all wounds.

I've learned... That life is tough, but I'm tougher.

I've learned.... That one should keep his words both soft and tender, because tomorrow he may have to eat them.

I've learned.... That a smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks.

I've learned.... That the less time I have to work with, the more things I get done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've learned.... That a smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks.


That's my favorite - it's so true and so simple.

BD