Thursday, April 23, 2009

What's that smell?

Today, as the 5th graders came into class, a horrible stench followed them into the building. The 5th grade teacher in the room next to mine came into my room gagging. She tried to get me to come in and "smell" her room, but I'm not STUPID! I could smell what little was wafting into my room from the hallway. It smelled strongly of vomit!

The 5th grade teacher was sure it was coming from her heat vent. The maintenance boss was soon over here trying to get a handle on it. Several 5th graders were sure it was Eric's feet (poor Eric has a foot odor reputation!).

Then someone reported that it was also on ONE of the buses this morning.

Hmmm...the 5th grade teacher starts smelling her kids, and it's ONE OF THEM!!!!

He's sent to the office to call home. Home will come get him to change.

It wasn't skunk. He hadn't thrown up. He'd taken the trash out on his way to the bus, it had broken open and spilled on him. What could smell that badly in your household trash, you ask?

Remember...I'm from a hunting state...

TRAP BAIT!!!

After the kid left the smell cleared out. He went home to change and came back a while later. So far, he's taking the kidding pretty well!

I think he might have beat out Eric's feet, and boy, it Eric relieved!

No comments: