Sunday, April 5, 2009

Family Funny

My Grandma was always funny. My sister reminds me a lot of my grandma in the way she laughs and her sense of humor. I never really thought my mom was funny when we were growing up, but my dad was really funny. I have since figured out that my mom wasn't that funny because she was busy taking care of 4 kids while my dad was having all the fun!!! Now my mom is often very funny and much more like her mom than I thought she was when we were growing up. My sister is just like them.


That's the set-up. So my mom and my sister went on a Bahama cruise in February. My sister-in-law, a day or two before my mom left, said she wished they were going to, and maybe she could draw a couple of stick figures with her and my brother's names on them so they could be with them in spirit. My mom, funny girl, went one step farther, printed out a picture of my brother and sister-in-law, and then "took them on the cruise." What follows is my mom's email and the photos to prove that Blake and Robin went on a "secret cruise"!


One more thing you need to know: my mom and Libby missed their plane to Denver on the way to Miami to catch the boat!


Funny, funny, funny!


Yep, Blake and Robin joined Libby and me on the Bahama's cruise. I knew they wanted to come when Robin called before I left and asked me to draw stick figures and take pictures.


They don't look too worried about missing the plane in Colorado Springs. Guess they left that for us.




They enjoyed the Sofitel Hotel in Miami. Lounging on the chaise and that beautiful bathroom--hanging out in bed as we had until noon to leave.






They checked out the window in the small ship cabin. Seems like they lounged in bed a lot!








They had a great time on the beach at Cocoa Kay. So did we--a beautiful day.


They spent some time pool side.





We returned to Miami and they enjoyed sitting on the deck waiting to get off the ship.



At the 8 hour wait at the Miami airport they recharged their batteries.

(Notice Libby recharging her phone battery! Clever and funny Mom!)


Ya just got ta love it!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was the best trip ever, seemed like everytime we turned around those two were snapping pictures of us. I must say it's the cheapest vacation I ever had : )

Blake

Mary Beth said...

That is so funny. Your Mom's a hoot!