Friday, May 22, 2009

I Get By With A Little Help From My Friends


Every year, the 4th graders in my sister's town run the mile. This year it was my nephew's turn. He knew his electric wheel chair didn't stand a chance against the strong legs of 10-year-olds so he convinced his principal, Mr. G, (a marathon runner!) to push him in his manual chair! Mr. G had to pace himself, so as not to blow the competition out of the water, and my nephew did share 1st place with the boy who came in on two legs! The kids were so excited for my nephew. Good sportsmanship is alive and well in our kids! Way to go, Andy!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so sweet to put that on your blog. It was a great day. Pretty much the only running race he will ever get to win. What I failed to tell you was that all the kids from his school chanted his name when the announcer announced him. Fun times!
SKS

Anonymous said...

WAY TO GO ANDY KL

Mary Beth said...

That is awesome. Way to go Andy!