Thursday, May 7, 2009

STUPID!

I should have "STUPID" tattooed across my forehead!

I have a cool pair of brown boots. I wore them all over Vegas a year ago when I was there. Very comfortable, cute...

Lately, I've had some foot problems, and the boots aren't as comfortable as they once were, but I really wanted to take them to Vegas when the king and I went in February. So I thought I'd be cool and bought some of those Dr. Scholls "gellin" inserts.

I splurged on the more expensive kind, cut them to fit my feet and put them in the boots. They didn't seem to fit quite right so I cut them some more...and some more...and some more. They kept looking backward, but it does have the foot designation stamped on the insert so I decided it must be right. I finally decided they were as good as they were going to get and wore them in Vegas. They weren't great, but they were better than nothing.

Still, I wondered why Dr. Scholl spent so much money on a not-that-great product.

I wore them a few weeks ago. Still not impressed.

I decided to wear the boots today. Hmmm...

They were really bugging me this morning so I took them out and looked at them again.

STUPID!

Yes, it was the right foot, but it also said "bottom". DUH! No wonder they looked backward and wouldn't stay in place. I had them in the right foot but upside down!

I'm doomed to be stupid. Didn't Weird Al sing "Dare to be Stupid?" I don't dare. I am!!!!

2 comments:

Mary Beth said...

I think you need a margarita to overcome this tramatic experience!

Anonymous said...

Amen, sister!