Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Is This a Good Thing?

This is Isaiah. He's our cousin (nephew) and lives far away from us. He's a ham and an awesome wrestler...yes, I said wrestler. I stole this photo off of Facebook. I didn't steel it from his mom's stuff or from one of his sibling's stuff or even from Grandma's stuff (as she was recently there for a visit). Someone I am friends with commented on this, and because of the way the owner of the photo's privacy stuff is set up, I was able to see that comment. It was just another click to see the photo. Another click gave me that person's entire photo album. I could see lots of photos of people I'm not related to. I have to wonder if this is a good thing. I happily stole the cute photo of Isaiah (and the one I posted yesterday of Jajuan pitching), but it's sort of scary to know how easily what you post on Facebook can end up with someone else. Facebook has added privacy features, and you can lock things up so only certain people can see them, but it's still out there. It's why I don't post many photos of my kids on Facebook. You'll have to stick to the blog for that. And yes, the blog is also public, but unless you know me, you've got to really be looking to stumble onto it! Or so I think!

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

He's a cutie. You should have him come visit!