Friday, December 31, 2010

My Top Ten Reads for 2010

In looking at my book list for 2010, I gave 10 books my highest rating. So I decided to rank my top ten for you...because I know you care.

10. Night by Elie Wiesel (Though I will never read this book again, I think everyone should read it once.)

9. Shelter Me by Juliette Fay

8. The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards

7. The Shadow Of The Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon

6. In Open Spaces by Russel Rowland

5. The Girl Who Kicked a Hornets Nest By Stieg Larrson

4. The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo By Stieg Larrson

3. The Girl Who Played With Fire By Stieg Larrson (You need to read this series in order--Tattoo, Fire, Hornet--but I really thought the second book was the best, which is why I have them in this order.)

2. Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows by J. K. Rowling (I reread this after the movie came out. This is a GREAT series, but I'm only putting this one on the list because it's the only one I've read THIS year.)

1. Without a doubt, the BEST book of 2010 is The Help by Kathryn Stockett.

In case you're keeping track, my all-time favorite book is still To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee. Running a close second used to be Blind Your Ponies by Stanley Gordon West, but I would now put The Help in front of Blind Your Ponies. The Harry Potter series would still follow Blind Your Ponies, and I'd probably have to put the Twilight series in there somewhere too.

Here's to more good reading in 2011!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the list... Sadly, I haven't read many of these (even the book group ones...) Blind Your Ponies is officially on my to-read list now. You're one of many who LOVED that book!

J said...

Great list! There are 90 requests for The Help at my public library...... faster to wait until the paperback comes out in April! Happy New Year to you and all your readers!

Shelley said...

I agree that The Help was amazing! I might just have to buy my own copy....and I am NOT a big reader. I am so glad you recommended it to me!!!