Thursday, September 2, 2010

Hey Mom

Tuesday

Prince: Hey Mom, there's a team dinner on Thursday at 7:00.

Me: Okay. What do you need to bring?

Prince: I'm not sure. I'll find out tomorrow.

Wednesday:

Me: So what do you need to bring?

Prince: I think some kind of salad. But probably not lettuce. And no chips.

Me: So what kind of salad do you want to take?

Prince: I don't know. Oh, and you're not invited to the dinner. No parents except the coach and the hosting family.

He walks away. Really? So this is now my deal, but I don't get to eat?

Later.

Me: How about a fruit salad?

Prince: Yeah. Those are good. Will you buy everything tomorrow after work?

Me: Yes.

Thinking to myself: Sure Honey. I'll buy it all, prepare it all, and drive you to the dinner that we aren't attending. Mother-of-the-Year nomination right there!!! What he doesn't know is that he's putting that salad together when HE gets home from school!

No comments: