Friday, September 3, 2010

Skunk????

At about midnight last night the princess woke us up to say that there was a skunk caught in her window well.

WHAT????

She heard scratching, looked out her window, and saw white.

What do you do at midnight when you might have a skunk in your window well?

You tell the princess to sleep on the couch in the livingroom, you close all the windows, you go back to bed, and you hope for the best!

We didn't want to go back in her room and startle it. We didn't want to go outside and startle it. We didn't want to deal with it!

Our window well is made of wood and sort of tiered, so we're hoping that, if there really was a skunk in there, it'll have managed to pull itself out by daylight! If not, I'm sure there will be another blog update!

And maybe, if we're really lucky, it was just the white cat that roams around here sometimes, though I did see a skunk crossing a neighboring road about 2 years ago...

3 comments:

Shelley said...

I think that if I could climb out of several of your window wells last summer, the skunk should have NO problem!!!

Mary Beth said...

Oooh Shelley, you compared yourself to a skunk! How funny.

Karen L said...

Those window wells are very deep. I'm sure I couldn't get out. Cara you missed an opportunity to have a pet. Skunks are good pets after they are descented. (so I hear)