Friday, January 16, 2009

PHEW!

Phew! I remembered the funny dinner story. Maybe I won't have to see my doctor about my dementia just yet.

I racked my brains for something that might have happened at our table. Suffice it to say, we're boring. But then I remembered...

Last Saturday night I went to meet "the girls" for dinner out. We went to Famous Daves--a bbq place that's very popular. It sits on a MAIN road--lots of traffic. When I pulled in I was lucky to get a good parking spot on the main road, close to the door (that usually doesn't happen!) I was a few minutes early so was listening to a good song on the radio (Hal Ketchum--Small Town Saturday Night) when the elderly couple two cars down from me came out of the restaurant.

They got in their truck and then he got right back out and walked up onto the grass in front of his parking space. He then UNZIPPED HIS PANTS AND RELIEVED HIMSELF!!!!! Right there, facing the busy road, for all to see. I was lucky to be blocked from a bird's eye view by his truck.

Now, if he'd been thinking...he would have used the bathroom in Famous Dave's, which I know was working because once we were seated, I had a view of the bathroom and could see men and women going in and coming out all evening.

Again, if he'd been thinking...he could of walked over to where I was parked because at least there were high bushes in front of my car that would have blocked the people on the road from being able to see him. (I would have had to duck inside my car so as not to embarrass us both!)

As it was, he just took care of business...right there...in front of God, me, and everyone else. Then he got back in his truck and drove away.

I was howling, laughing!!! Sheesh!

So does this story translate in blog form? It was funny at the time!

2 comments:

Mary Beth said...

You are soooo lucky!

Anonymous said...

When you gotta' go, you gotta' go.
Glad it came back to you. Now I can sleep at night without the much awaited anticipation!
SKS