Monday, August 23, 2010

Back to work.

I went back to work today. The daily blog updates won't happen until later in the day now! The big news today was that our internet was down most of the day! That doesn't work well when about 1/3 of the staff was supposed to be at internet-based classes this afternoon! Not me, though. I was in regular meetings. My internet classes are tomorrow morning. I hope it's fixed because I really, really don't want to have to make up those classes!

In other school news, we were short one staff member today. Turns out she took a different job and moved to Texas. Really? You couldn't have called to let someone know? The only way that this affects me right now is that I will have to have lunch recess duty on Thursday and Friday. I HATE lunch recess duty. But I'll persevere. The kids come to school Thursday. Bring it on, Baby!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I still remember my "duty teacher" from grade school, Mrs. Jacobson. She was 100 (I swear...), had x-ray vision (she ALWAYS knew if we were chewing gum even when we hid it under our tongues), and she was so mean! I'll bet you're not like that at all! :)

Mary Beth said...

Lunch Duty! Yuck - thank goodness it's only for 2 days.