Sunday, May 29, 2011

400 Cookies

Amid all the wedding preparations, my sister took it upon herself to bake cookies for the open house. She warned us that when we got there, there would be 400 sugar cookies to frost. I was adamantly opposed to such a chore. It doesn't go with my diet, especially since I'm known for licking frosting off my fingers when necessary. So I let her know often that I would not be frosting those 400 cookies. When we arrived she informed me that I would be frosting those cookies, but that there were only 200. Where I got the 400 is anyones guess. She did make 600 cookies (200 of 3 varieties), and in the end, I did frost 1/3 of those 200 cookies. I'm a giver. What can I say? I only licked my fingers a couple of times, and I'm proud to say that I did not eat ANY of the 600 cookies or additional 200 mini pretzels with Hershey's kisses and M&Ms melted into them (they were so cute!). I did have a couple of M&Ms though! Hey, a girl's gotta have some fun!








I was in charge of the green cookies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As luck would have it, mom smuggled us a few of those sweets.

I likely would have made the wedding had I known about the cookies!

BD