Thursday, February 19, 2009

Dumb Mom!

That would be me!

Yesterday the princess did a stellar job in the morning, during the spelling bee. In the afternoon it was time for "THE MOVIE". You know, 5th grade. Girls in a room with the nurse. Free deodorant and other things...

I saw her just after "THE MOVIE" as she was headed out to recess. She said to me, "We should celebrate tonight with Dairy Queen."

Now in my tiny brain, all I can think about is the immediate past. THE MOVIE. I've already forgotten about the spelling bee. And I must have had a very confused look on my face because she said, "You know, for the spelling bee."

"Oh, right," I said, as the light bulb went on. "I was trying to figure out why you wanted to celebrate your entrance into womanhood, although I'd take any excuse for Dairy Queen if you want to celebrate that too!" She wasn't all that amused!

DUH!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In my part of the country, moms attend with their daughters. Afterwards, there are refreshments and everything.
Parents also attend the boys' ones with them. I missed Matthew's, but Marty was there. We both went with J and we'll both attend with A next year.
The joys of parenting!!!
SKS

Mary Beth said...

You should celebrate... the spelling bee success.