Sunday, November 15, 2009

Any Ideas???

On the princess' birthday, we lit the candles, and I put the lighter back in the drawer. I'm sure I did. A couple of days later I was looking for the lighter and could not find it. It wasn't in the drawer. It wasn't in some other drawer. It wasn't in the linen closet. It wasn't in the cupboards by the laundry machines. Huh? How does it just disappear?

Neither of the kids have seen it. The king hasn't seen it. It's not in the garage--I checked. WHERE IS IT?

The real problem is that it's the only lighter we have. We're not smokers. We don't even have matches in our house.

When I was a kid everyone smoked. Matches were everywhere. I know because when I was about 5 I was suppose to be taking a nap in my parents' bedroom and was snooping in drawers instead. I found some matches and lit the carpet on fire when I dropped the match I had just lit!

Back to my current drama. We don't even have a gas stove where I might get a little flame and transfer it. And in the winter I sometimes really NEED to light a candle to get rid of whatever stale odors linger.

So now I have to go buy another one of those lighter-wand-thingys because I CAN'T FIND MINE!!!!

Any ideas on where it might be hiding???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is ALWAYS a kid that takes things and lies about it. I vote for THAT!!!
SKS

Anonymous said...

Yep, I'd ask the kids again and them go buy another, cause they will never admit it!! Just when did you burn my carpet you little angel??