Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Again???

How many times can I feature my plants in this blog before you all start telling me to change the name to something more horticultural? Can you believe that in the middle of winter, close to the shortest day of the year, amid a below zero cold snap, my geranium is blooming??? I just finished learning all about short and long bloom lives for plants in 6th grade science (don't worry, I'm learning all about the periodic table in 7th and 8th grade science right now), and technically, this plant should NOT be blooming. I mentioned it to the science teacher, and it's a mystery to her too because it should not be getting enough sunlight. I figure it must be all those extra rays of sunshine we radiate around here! And enjoy that last photo. That's just my little proof to myself later, when I'm senile, that this really did happen around Christmas time, and not in the early spring.




No comments: