Wednesday, December 9, 2009

King's Ransom

The king has been wanting a new front-loading washer/dryer for a LONG time. He thinks they're the next best thing--don't even get him started on his Dyson vacuum--oh, how the man loves his appliances. (He keeps the stove-top spotless as well. Gotta love him!) We almost bought them a year ago but held out. This pair runs about $1800 but was only $1000 the day after Thanksgiving, so while I was shopping with the girls, he was at Lowes. They arrived Monday. As you can see...they stick out much farther than our old pair! Yikes. The garage door closes, but only by about 1/2 inch. And the thing that has held me back from wanting them is that the washer door must remain open to keep the stench out. Excuse me, but it's 2009. You'd think they would have a handle on venting a $1000+ machine. Anyway, the prince and king have successfully used the pair. I'll try them out over the weekend. Oh, and one more thing, if you enter our house through the garage, don't stub your knee on our new appliances!

3 comments:

Mary Beth said...

They look great! I hope they work even better than they look.

Anonymous said...

Hope you love them as much as I hate mine! Wish I could have sold them to you. I definitely wouldn't have them again. I'm sure you will love them though!

Anonymous said...

From what I've heard about them, I wouldn't buy them--------but hope they work out great for you. I'll bring my knee pads on the next visit! :)

kp