Monday, December 28, 2009

Ouch!

Let me start out by saying that I have gross feet. They are deformed. I've come to accept it. In fact, I often think of that poem about 2 footprints in the sand and at one point one set disappears. Later Jesus says, "I didn't abandon you. That's when I carried you." If Jesus and I were hanging out on the beach and he picked me up--it could happen; he's JESUS after all--you'd know it was Jesus because you could definitely spot where my footprints ends! That being said, I had to photograph those ugly feet--or one of them--for my tail of woe.


While in AZ we had a rental car problem. I know, that's a shock...us and car trouble!!! But we did. It had NO oil in it. We think they changed the oil but didn't put any back in. How it made it to AZ from Vegas without blowing up the engine is a true Christmas miracle.


Anyway, we were having the car traded out (yep, some poor tow-truck guy had to drive from Vegas to AZ with a new car on a flatbed to trade ours out on Christmas Eve) so I went to make sure we hadn't left anything in the car. As I was getting out of the car a gust of wind caught the door and slammed it on my foot. Can you see the bruise below the two toes? That's not where it got slammed--it was further up the foot, but that's where it bruised. Weird. It still hurts to put a shoe on, but once it's on I'm okay.


If you check the sand right now, Jesus is probably carrying me! I hope he picks you up for a minute or two too when you look at the photo because you might faint. Not because of the bruise, but because of my ugly foot! And consider yourself lucky. This is the foot that has the NOT-SO-BAD bunion! The other foot is much uglier.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty colors!!! I LIKE it!
SKS

Mary Beth said...

I know how to fix that - Margaritas!

Mary Beth said...

I know how to fix that - Margaritas!