Friday, February 24, 2012

About "Where The Bluebird Sings To The Lemonade Springs: Living and Writing in the West"

I just read--okay, tried to read "Where The Bluebird Sings To The Lemonade Springs: Living and Writing In The West" by Wallace Stegner. I am not giving it any stars because it was so dry that I couldn't finish. I only got about 1/2 way through it and skimmed much of that. This is an author who grew up in the west during the depression. He has written some novels but mostly he writes essays, and this is a collection of essays. Most of them seem to be about conservation in the west. It reminded me of books I had to read in college. It wasn't fun then. I see no reason to torture myself now! Rarely do I not finish a book, especially a book-club book, but I couldn't do it this time. OUCH!

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

I agree! This book is horrible. Poor Sandra is going to get a bad review on her book pick this afternoon.