Sunday, February 26, 2012

Crock Pot Lasagna

A friend of mine posted a recipe for Crock Pot Lasagna on Facebook. I decided to try it. The king makes excellent lasagna so I wasn't sure how this would turn out. He thinks it was every bit as good as his. I'm not convinced it was as good as his, but it was certainly tasty. Maybe I like his better because he does all the work! I am posting the recipe...after putting it together I thought of all the other stuff you could layer in there...mushrooms, spinach, peppers, diced tomatoes, onion, olives...

The king was worried that the noodles would soak up all the sauce leaving it dry, but it didn't.

Because you use store bought sauce, I would suggest splurging for the best...it'll add more flavor. Also, this recipe calls for ricotta or cottage cheese. I used cottage cheese but would probably use ricotta next time. This was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO easy to put together, especially since I had already browned the hamburger earlier in the week.

Ingredients:

1 pound of hamburger, cooked
48 oz of spaghetti sauce
4 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
1 container (15 oz) of Ricotta or Cottage cheese
Parmesan Cheese
15 uncooked lasagna noodles (that's right; UNCOOKED)


Mix hamburger with the sauce.
Cover bottom of the crockpot with some of the hamburger mixture, layer with noodles, layer with Cottage Cheese, then Mozzarella Cheese, sprinkle Parmesan Cheese on top of this. Repeat layers until out of ingredients. (I got 3 layers in my large, oval crockpot and had noodles left over.)
Cover and Cook on Low heat for 4-6 hours or until noodles are tender. (Because I had somewhere to go I cooked on high for 2 hours and then low for 2.5 hours, and it was fine.)
Cut into pieces.

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

I'm going to have to try this. We've tried a different recipe and it was ok, but this looks better.