Sunday, February 26, 2012

Cruise--Day 6 At Sea

We love our "at sea" days, and this was no exception. We had a great, relaxing day. Slept in, lunch at Johnny Rockets, and time on deck in a family shuffle board tournament! GREAT TIMES! When I have unlimited funds I've decided I will take back-to-back cruises on the same ship. That way I'll spend the 1st one doing shore excursions and playing and the second one relaxing, w/o all the trauma of getting on and off the boat! SWEET!!



Grandma waiting for our burgers, fries, rings, and shakes.
Yep. We're dining "al fresco". Think patio, but with a far more stunning view.



YUM!


After lunch we headed to one of the many lounges for our world-famous Pop-Rock eating contest. As an earlier post proved, this was probably best done indoors. In the end, only 4 people were brave enough to enter this--who can eat a package of pop rocks the fastest--contest!


Rule #1: I must get a photo of you w/said rocks in your mouth.

Rule #2: I must get a photo of your mouth when they are gone.


Contender #1



Contender #2




Contender #3




Contender #4



They aren't all gone!



Nope. I see green rocks.



Looking good.


Winner!

Upon further inspection of the photo it was determined that there will still rocks in his mouth!

No one seemed to care.


Gangsta Pop Rock eaters!


Opting out of the Pop Rock contest, she decided to try a delicious "Toxic Waste" sour candy.

How's that working out for you?


After that it was time to head back outside to enjoy some beautiful weather (the pool was far too crowded to even consider) and for what unexpectedly became a fierce all-family shuffle board contest!


We simply headed out to the shuffle board court to get a few photos for the princess' classmates back home, as the first photos show. Suddenly that looked like a lot of fun. Out came the paper and pencil and a "shuffle off" for spots on the bracket as a tournament was born!










It took over an hour, but eventually, we got to the final round and these too competitors!

Let's just say 2 males in our party were not happy with how the tournament played out!

And we have a winner!

Jeanette is holding our very official bracket sheet.

I think you can figure out who didn't win!



What's that on the horizon?


Love this camera!


Later that afternoon we did head out to the pool as the crowd died down.

While we were there, the princess and king went to the

Promenade Deck for a very cool, indoor Circus Parade.


This is the view looking up while on the Promenade deck. That is a beaded sculpture in the center. I posted this to explain those windows. This ship is very large and can handle over 3000 passengers plus the numerous staff. These windows are for "inside cabins". Generally, inside cabins don't have windows. These cabins have the windows that look over the Promenade. We really debated getting these rooms this time, as we thought it would be a cool vantage point for things like this parade. In the end a couple of reviews I read said that if you're close to the speakers, your room can be quite noisy when events are going on so we opted out, but I still might have to try them sometime.









That evening we had one last delicious dinner. Afterward Becky decided to sing Karaoke again. While waiting for that to start, the prince and princess ended up in a dance game. When karaoke started the prince decided to give it a go too! He sang Pinball Wizard, did a great job, and was even recognized by other cruise-goers the next day at a rental-car agency! I have no photos because the camera was back in the room, but Shelley took photos that I'll post when I get copies of her pictures!


We had the BEST time!!! This was a great trip. We wore Grandma out, but I'd be lying if I didn't admit we were all exhausted by the time we got home. Let's do it again...SOON!

2 comments:

J said...

Not to brag or anything, but I am actually a 2x shuffleboard champion and that's not made clear in your otherwise wonderful blog...you know, I later beat Marty :-). Ok, so he bumped my disky thing onto a number for me, but I won! I believe he is demanding a rematch....

Mary Beth said...

What a great last day. Too bad you had to get off the boat!