Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The Chicken Whisperer

Our neighbors give the king regular gigs caring for their chickens and collecting their eggs.  The rule is that whatever eggs he collects he gets to keep.  One of the neighbors has taken to calling him "The Chicken Whisperer".  She's even gone so far as to suggest that he get business cards, but I don't know.  I don't want all these chicken skills going to his head.  Tonight we had fried egg sandwiches for dinner.  As you can see we had plenty of eggs to get rid of.  We are down to 18 now!  Aren't they pretty, though.  Brown, tan, cream, and light green.  They all look the same when you crack them.  Some are bigger than others, depending on how long the chicken has been laying eggs.  This weekend he's got another gig Whispering.  Looks like a good weekend to cook breakfast!  




3 comments:

J said...

One good thing....if you need egg cartons, I hear MB has a few!

Mary Beth said...

I think I see your own chickens in your future...

J - I got rid of all my egg cartons!

J said...

Yeah, I think MB is right about this one.....:-)