Sunday, March 14, 2010

Compromise

These are my shoes, cluttered in the entry from the garage. Every weekend the king sweeps the floor and puts this pile of shoes back in my closet. He doesn't complain. He doesn't ask me to put them away. He just does it.
The kids put their shoes in their rooms. The king leaves his out in the garage. I leave mine here.
It's all about compromise. I do not agree with taking our shoes off when we come in the house. But I do it because it makes the king happy. He takes care of the floors so I am willing to do this for him even though I think his possessions own him instead of the other way around.
This is why we've been married for 17 years. Compromise. Shoes. Carpets. Compromise.
And now I'm going to Vegas with the girls which is another reason we've been married 17 years. Separate trips on occasion. He's a good man.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

He is really sweet NOT to complain. Marty isn't so lucky with me. Although he is now in charge of dusting and vacuuming the office weekly since I can't deal with all his STUFF.