Monday, March 22, 2010

Vegas Baby! Day Three, Part one

You know the old saying, "Everyone is Irish on St. Patrick's Day"? That certainly seemed to be true in Vegas. There were tons of people dressed in green--including everyone in our party. One of the bars at NYNY is called "Nine Fine Irishmen" so this hotel really had the party going on. In the morning, as we headed to M&M World to shop, this Irish parade was going on. Complete with bag pipes and members of the Las Vegas Fire Department, it was pretty fun. Mom was the big "winner" as she's the only one who got a cool shamrock necklace they were handing out as they were walking by. Were they waiting to hand them out to kids? There weren't many kids in Vegas this trip. They were in SCHOOL!!!!



There was much speculation about what they might be wearing under these kilts. Mary Beth said the U.S. Marshall that she works for goes commando when he wears his. YUCK!


We walked over to M&M World so I could pick up some M&Ms in Skyview Falcons colors--I'm cool like that--and who should we run into, but my man, Edward, from Twilight. Now, you'll see Mary Beth trying to hone in on my man, but here's how you'll know he was working his secret vampire powers on me: it would appear from this photo that I am wearing a yellow t-shirt. That is not true. As you'll see in all remaining photos of me taken on this day, my shirt is WHITE. But only in the photos with Edward does it look YELLOW. So you see...Edward liked ME best!!!


And later we ran into the card-board version of him. No yellow shirt. I'm just saying...


A couple more posts and you'll have the highlights of the trip...or at least the ones that have photo representation. Thanks to Shelley for being the trip photographer. You're the best!

A note about M&M World--one of the cool things about it, besides all the fun memorabilia, is the entire wall of M&M dispensers. Each color is represented, and you can fill your bag with whatever colors you choose--in plain or peanut. How cool is that?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Who is this Edward fellow?! (LOL!) And, where are the pics of the cool M&M Store? Better yet, where are the M&Ms?

Mary Beth said...

I'm sure Edward was just being polite with you, but it was REALLY me he was after! Can you not see him "sparkling" in my direction?