Thursday, March 22, 2012

That's Frightening!

Last night the king and I were awakened at about midnight by the sound of sirens in our neighborhood. The king checked it out, and they were coming down our street. They went 4 houses past us. Our neighbor's shed (it's really more of a 2nd garage) appeared to be on fire. Several response teams came quickly and the fire was put out quickly. I was kind of wondering what the big deal was until I did the math. The shed is just a few feet from the 100+acres of pasture land that surround 2 sides of our sub-division. I now know why we got that snow on Monday! I'm grateful our neighbors are safe; I'm grateful for the quick response of the fire department; I'm grateful for the wet, sloppy, spring, snow storm.

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

That's pretty close to home. Glad no one was hurt. The paper said there were chickens who died in the fire that was caused by a faulty heat lamp. You are surrounded by chickens - better get some of your own.