Sunday, March 4, 2012

There's Trouble in River City!

Yesterday the birthday celebrations began. The king promised to make me a cake--he's really good at that, and he knows German Chocolate is my favorite!

While I was running the princess all over creation yesterday, he made me a cake. When I got home, it was apparent that something had gone terrible wrong. One layer of the cake was on the counter, but it didn't look much like a cake. It looked like a jumble of cake and frosting. The king said that, thinking it would be easier to get the cake out of the pan while it was warm, he had turned it over only to have it fall apart. He "glued" it back together with frosting. I wasn't complaining, but it did look funny. He said the other layer was in the frig, cooling, in hopes there wouldn't be a repeat.

Sadly, there was a repeat. So that layer was placed on top and also glued together with frosting. Again, I'm not complaining. When we cut into it--after the proper round of "Happy Birthday" sung beautifully by the prince, princess, king, and Grandma--it was the most moist cake I have ever eaten. Delicious!!!




Yum!

4 comments:

J said...

Great picture of cake!! Happy Birthday!

Grandma said...

It was very tasty--every single calorie.

Mary Beth said...

Looks very yummy!

Shelley said...

I've never seen German Chocolate with chocolate frosting, but it looks and sounds delicious!