Monday, August 20, 2012

About "Fifty Shades Darker"

I gave "Fifty Shades Darker" by E. L. James 3 stars.  Maybe it should only get 2.5 stars, but since I don't have that rating system I'm giving it 3.  It is better than the first book in the series so I have to go up with my rating.  

In the last book we had "Boy meets girl and then loses girl."  This time "Boy gets girl back, thwarts a stalker, and proposes to girl."  Of course she's got some drama of her own going on with a crazy boss.  It makes for a more interesting read than last time, and I found the girl far less whiny this time around.  The boyfriend is still far too overbearing, but she seems to like him that way.  To each their own.  Still plenty of graphic sex that I'm quite adept at skimming over now, if you like that sort of thing.  And number 2 leaves you hanging.  Number 3 in on hold at the library.  

1 comment:

Kathi said...

Wait until you read Fifty Shades Freed! The graphic sex scenes are pretty predictable but at least there's a plot this time, a mystery sort of plot that gets pretty exciting and of course a wedding. I love weddings..... Book #3 is by far the best book of the series! I hope you don't have to wait too long to get it from the library - I got it really fast.