Thursday, August 23, 2012

Computer Update

I am refusing to believe that my laptop is a goner.  No cursor (I can use a mouse) and no keyboard (it does work when I log in).  As long as I can click on it, I can do it, but as soon as I need to type anything (web address, comment on fb, blog post...) it's a no-go!  I am slowly burning 4 years worth of photos off it.  It's tedious, and I find it BORING so I don't do it often.  As of last night, I am through 2010.  I must keep going, I must keep going, I must keep going...

Meanwhile, I have tried a couple of different angles to easily get my photos off my camera and onto the desktop to do blogging.  I don't care to load the entire camera program onto the desktop.  The desktop doesn't have the cool slot the laptop does where I can stick an SD card in and just pull them off.  And of course, I can't email them to myself since I can't type in my email address on the laptop.  I tried the ol' zip drive.  It works, but it's a pain.  This morning I had an inspiration...just plug the camera into the computer with the USB and see what happens.  Glory hallelujah for newer technology!  It just pulled the card into the desktop photo program and I could select the photos I wanted.  I'm learning.  

Soon I'll have to go to the computer doctor, but I'd really rather limp along until October--ish.  That's going to be a good paycheck!

3 comments:

Mary Beth said...

The day after Thanksgiving - 12am - perfect time to shop for a new computer.

J said...

While I do not plan to join you two girls on that shopping spree... I do send good wishes to you and your laptop!

Shelley said...

Bite the bullet, baby!