Saturday, August 25, 2012

Tracking her progress...

When Boarders was closing, I snagged 2 maps for my classroom.  They were just decorating the wall until Jeanette started traveling.  Last spring I decided we would chart her progress.  This week she came to my classroom and put push pins in all her stops so far and strung string from point to point. (If you click on the pictures they will enlarge to better see the string.)  Her conclusion:  There's still an awful lot of the world she hasn't seen!  She's off north and west soon.  We wish her happy travels!

And to the grammar experts out there--I realize there's no question mark at the end of that pink sentence on the wall.  What school doesn't have a question mark punch?  Apparently ours!








2 comments:

J said...

Thanks for the wall, the maps, the push pins, the string, the students to help me unravel the string....I LOVE the maps!! So, thanks!!

Mary Beth said...

That looks awesome. Now you need a song to go along with it like... "Where is the world in Carmen San Diego?"