Friday, December 23, 2011

She bakes too!

The princess was quite sad when she figured out that Grandma going to see Mark and Amanda's for Christmas meant no Grandma here for Christmas. She became down-right alarmed though when she considered who would bring the pumpkin pie to dinner--that's Grandma's job. I told her we were having apple crisp. She was having none of that. I suggested that if she wanted pumpkin pie, she should make one. Mind you, no one who lives in this house has ever made a pumpkin pie, but what the heck? A search on the internet, a trip to the store, a bit of time in the kitchen and VOILA! It looks absolutely beautiful. We'll try it out tomorrow night! Who knew Betty Crocker was living under our roof!







Isn't it pretty?

4 comments:

J said...

Cara! I wholeheartedly agree with you! Pumpkin Pie is a MUST!! Way to go!

Shelley said...

Cara is amazing! My pies never look that good and I've been making them for years.

Mary Beth said...

It does look good - I'm sure it will taste even better!

Anonymous said...

I made Grandma Lowrances' pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving. I should have sent Cara the recipe had I known she was Betty Baker. Great job Cara.