Wednesday, May 9, 2012

JCPenney

Around the beginning of the year JCPenney sent me tons of fliers about their new change in pricing.  I paid little attention since I wasn't going to the mall.  Since then I get monthly updates in the mail.  They are expensive mini-catalogs that tell me about certain prices that month.  Is everyone getting those?  I'm not getting any coupons though.  Is anyone else?  On Saturday I went to Penney's for the first time since they changed their marketing. 

I am not sure what to think about the New Penney's.  There were no sale signs in any department we went in.  I did think most of their prices were lower than they had been.  It also seemed that they had fewer racks of clothing.  It was easier to walk through the teen area, for sure.  But mostly I felt like the whole place was disorganized and not really shopper-friendly.

I'm curious to know if any of my MANY readers have shopped their lately and what kind of experience you had.  We did not spend any money there this weekend, and that's very odd for us!  (We also didn't find anything at Kohl's--for the second time in a row but had much better luck at Vanity, Wet Seal, and American Eagle.  Go figure.)

4 comments:

J said...

Never get anything from them...
Never shop there...used to a long time ago...they must be targeting you :-)

Mary Beth said...

I haven't bought anything from there in a while. As you know, I am all about the sales rack & they don't have any. I didn't notice any less crowding in the Jr section though.

Wendy said...

I was there a few weeks ago. Everything looked exactly the same and still more than I wanted to spend. Wasn't impressed.

Unknown said...

My understanding is they have set prices now. The "sale" price is for the whole month. It's a "special value" for the entire month. As if. I was there a month or two ago, right after the new look kicked in and got a great deal on jeans, but nothing else was a good deal and I did a fair amount of looking. Then, the jeans didn't even ring up right! Ugh.