Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Crash Helmet

Back in November, Andy drove his big ol' electric wheelchair over a ball while playing at recess. The wheelchair, with him in it, tipped. Andy's head hit the pavement. An ambulance ride to Salt Lake put him at Children's Primary Hospital for a few days with a skull fracture. No surgery required. No brain bleeding. He was able to come home though was still very nauseous and dizzy for a good week or more afterward. He also began sporting this crash helmet.
But all I can think is: too little too late?
He's back to his old self now. The weather's been too cold for him to be outside many a day at recess so he's started a blog that he works on when inside. Sorry, I'd link you here, but you have to have the special password to access it, and no, it's not crash helmet!

4 comments:

Shelley said...

Come on! Couldn't you have cropped out his clothes I had sitting out for the next day??? I promise that with mom here, the house was CLEAN!!!

Unknown said...

I think the helmet is awesome! And, if I took a tumble like that, I'd wear it forevermore...

Mary Beth said...

Sweet helmet!

Anonymous said...

Shelley said he wears it to school faithfully. Does that mean he's afraid Grandma will come for a visit and lecture if he doesn't?
:)

KP