Thursday, January 7, 2010

Silly Me!

SOMEONE (that would be me!) left the garage door open last night.

Oops!

It was -22* this morning in my garage. My car started, but it would not accelerate. The kids and I headed back in the house to let the car warm up for 5 minutes. That seemed to help a little as I was able to get up enough speed to get over the big snowbank at the end of the driveway. (I'm not going to comment on my feeling about the king shoveling the snow to that location because he was the one shoveling while I was in the nice, warm house.)

We chugged to high school (the prince had missed the bus at this point) with the car slowly increasing it's pace. The steering wheel quit squeaking every time I turned it (the prince thought we ran over a puppy at one point from the noise). And the prince was early for school.

Then the princess and I headed east. The streets were plowed but icy. The car was now cruising at a comfortable 34 MPH when traffic allowed but traffic was slow. We made it to work only 10 minutes late after forging through the FOG over the bridge.

And a shout out to the county--who sanded their roads!

All is well...until 3:00 when I have to try to start my car again!

3 comments:

Mary Beth said...

We've done that - left the garage door open. Although it wasn't -22 that night. I'm sure the Nissan would have started though... I'm just sure it would.

Anonymous said...

The little Nissan that could! SL

Anonymous said...

My Taurus lives outside and is NOT happy about starting these days. Today when I put it in gear (after letting it warm up 7-10 minutes) I had FIVE emergency lights lit up on my dash. I turned the car off and restarted it and they all stayed off. I was pretty sure I wasn't out of gas, didn't have the brake on, wasn't overheating, did not need my engine checked and was not using the ABS. Phew!
SKS