Saturday, January 16, 2010

Moment Ruined

I was told that I "ruined their moment" last night at the middle school dance I was chaperoning.

The princess' friend was DANCING WITH A BOY SHE LIKES during "When You're 15" by Taylor Swift. So I'm just doing my Chaperon Duties, wandering around the floor, amusing myself by singing to couples as I walked by...I threw out my hands to the friends as I walked by, and apparently, that ruined their moment.

What does that make me? Moment Ruiner, I guess.

Hee. Hee.

I didn't see the princess having any moments to ruin. Maybe at the next dance...

By the way, Mary Beth, I could have ruined Daniel's moment TWICE, but I refrained.

4 comments:

Mary Beth said...

I'm sure he appreciates it... I don't know if I do though!

Unknown said...

Uh... aren't you SUPPOSED to ruin the moment?! That's what a chaperon does! Congratulations on a job well done. And, in Daniel's case- you're fired. (Well, if it were up to me...)

J said...

Just getting caught up on this week's blogs....and had to add my 2 cents. You definitely did the right thing. Singing to the couples was very sweet. And when you are the famous lead singer of Vaerosmith....they'll wish they'd been more grateful!

Shelley said...

This whole "moment ruiner" thing reminds me of "Dan In Real Life". The girl calls her dad a "killer of love". Sounds the same to me! Good work sisty!