Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Mad Mom Skills

You should know that I have many mad mom skills. I keep most of them hidden so as not to make the other moms feel bad. However, I am going to share with you what is, perhaps, my maddest skill!
I am told that I make the BEST toast, and I'm told this by many of my kids' friends. And do you know why my toast is so special? Are you ready? The butter is MELTED on my toast.
Now, this seems like a pretty simple thing, but apparently it is more difficult to do than one would think because seriously, numerous children--including my own--have commented on it.
So I decided to share my secret for getting butter to melt on toast. I know this is extremely generous of me, not to mention top-secret, but in the interest of mom-harmony world wide, I will share:
It's kind of difficult and requires a bit of practice, but here it is. You have to butter the toast AS SOON AS it pops out of the toaster. That's it people. Now you know the secret. Go forth and make your children happy.
PS: If you're making lots of toast and you don't get to the toast in time because you're also stirring eggs and flipping pancakes and turning sausage, just butter it as soon as you can and then stack the toast on top of the other toast. Keep stacking it. The heat from all the other toast seems to have this strange ability to melt the butter!
Have a beautiful, melted butter, kind of day.

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

Is that mad mom skills as in crazy mom skills?
I can only hope to live up to your expertise.