Monday, January 9, 2012

First Family By David Baldacci

I just read "First Family" by David Baldacci. I'm giving it 2 stars. It was pretty good. "Pretty good" means if you like thrillers/mysteries, you'll like this one. The niece of the president of the US is kidnapped. Two private investigators (formerly CIA) set out to find her. I had part of it figured out by 1/2 way through the book, which was kind of a bummer, and there was what I thought was an extraneous story-line about one of the agents which I didn't think was necessary. When I finished I really wondered why Baldacci had put in the story about the one agent but hadn't really developed the other agent. I thought maybe he had used these characters before, though this really didn't feel like a sequel. Sure enough, this is the 2nd book for these characters. Because I love a good thriller, I'll try to check out the other book from the library. Happy reading!

4 comments:

Mary Beth said...

I liked this book. I really liked the Michelle character and her interaction with Sean. I have read others in this series but not the first one - it was out. I recommend "The 6th Man". It too had an un-interesting side story, completely unrelated to the main story and gets in the way.

Shelley said...

I find it interesting that you like READING thrillers since you about pee your pants at the thought of WATCHING a thriller! Just sayin'......

Anonymous said...

Shelley, I can put the thriller down when it gets too intense...and go get a cookie. :) SL

Mary Beth said...

I too cannot watch a scary movie but I'll read the book. It's only my imagination being used in the book but a movie puts all that scary in real life. No thank you!