Monday, January 16, 2012

Maybe it's just me...

Maybe it's just me, but I don't "get" city government. Two times this year, when there was no snow, I followed a snow plow down the street. Why was he out? There was no snow? Today, when there is plenty of snow, icy roads, and poor driving conditions due to falling snow, there is not a plow to be seen, and there clearly hadn't been for several hours. As soon as I hit county roads I was pleasantly surprised to see roads that had been plowed recently as well as sanded. What's up with the city? I know it's a holiday, but it's a holiday for the county too. And some of us do have to work. But maybe it's just me...

2 comments:

Mary Beth said...

They must have been on Laurel Road. D & I followed them from the overpass all the way to King... at 20 miles per hour.

Unknown said...

I suspect someone in the city reads your blog! I about died of shock when a sanding truck toodled up my street yesterday afternoon about 4pm! I just know they needed a little talking to and your post was just the thing. Thanks!