Friday, July 20, 2012

About "The Hypnotist"

I gave "The Hypnotist" by Lars Kepler 3 stars.  It was a very good read.  I had not heard of this book, but the sequel was recommended in a magazine, so I thought I should read this first.  It is set in Sweden and is by a Swedish author (authors, really--a husband and wife wrote it together under a pen name and when this book came out, all of Sweden searched for Lars Kepler) and was compared to the "Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" series.  It's not as good as that series, but it was a good book, and I have the follow-up on hold at the library.  This book is about a psychiatrist who uses hypnosis to help patients until an "incident" where he promises never to use it again.  When a killer is on the loose though, the police ask him to use hypnotism to get some answers from someone, and this opens a can of worms that includes someone trying to kill the hypnotist and someone else kidnapping his son.  Lots of characters and multiple story lines keep this book hopping.  I recommend this one for all you mystery lovers out there.

No comments: